• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunrgy?

So my wife is big into cooking and has been taking pictures of everything she makes to put in her blog with the recipes and instructions and such. She takes pics along the way so I thought I would share some she took last night. Mind you she is new to the DSLR, and we don't really know much of what we are doing yet. Not sure what mode she used....it's a start.

Her blog:

My cousin, Meghan, made this really good Oriental salad for the Christmas Eve party this year. I took her recipe and made a few modifications to suit my own tastes and it turned out AMAZING!

2143111223_9b339927c0.jpg

It’s super easy and soooo good! Thanks for the recipe and inspiration Meghan!

INGREDIENTS

-16 oz package of chicken breasts

-1/2 bag of cole salw mix - I used Dole

-1/2 bag of broccoli slaw mix - I used Foxy

-Cardini’s Asian Sesame Salad Dressing - or your favorite -Asian flavored salad dressing

-mandarin oranges

-green onions

-sun flower seeds

-ramen noodles

2143903460_df6d31769c.jpg

First, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to your liking. I also use a little of the seasoning from the spice packet included with the ramen noodles. Then brown until cooked thoroughly - I used the grill pan.

2143903276_29bb885083.jpg

While the chicken cooks, combine 1/2 bag of cole slaw mix and 1/2 bag of broccoli slaw mix in a large bowl.

2143903204_4b757e7fd8.jpg

Slice green onions - I used about 1/3 cup, but this ingredient can be increased or decreased to your liking. Then break up the ramen noodles into bite sized pieces - I used 2 packages, but again you can do more or less to suit your tastes. Combine both with slaw mix.

2143903522_de20c44f31.jpg

When the chicken is cooked through, dice it into bite-sized pieces and set aside to cool.

2143903566_3dcfb19666.jpg

Drain mandarin oranges - I used two cans because I love them and tend to snack on them while making the salad… you can use more or less to your

liking.

2143110561_6bf1b5e228.jpg

Dice one green apple - once again, more or less to your suit your preferences (are you sick of me saying that yet??).

2143902792_86ba3b9c48.jpg

Finally, combine the oranges, apple and chicken with the slaw mix. Add dressing and toss - I used about 1/2 cup - (ONE MORE TIME) you can use more or less depending on what you like!

It was fantastic! I love crunchy salads and this was perfect!

Meghan also had red grapes in hers, but I forgot to pick some up. Also, next time I will try some edamame - they only had the frozen and unshelled kind at the store so I didn’t get any.

P.S. - Aren’t my pictures awesome?! I am so in love with my new camera.

Nice pics, Hemi.

Your pics weren't showing up so I went in and edited the image links. The .jpg should be the last thing in each image before the final image tag, and yours had a ?v=0 behind the .jpg tag. If you go in to edit your own post you can see how they look now.

Thanks STF!

I was trying to edit the links right after I posted it but then I got stuck on a call....and then the forum acted up. I was using flickr for the first time and did not notice what was in the links.