• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A good one!

Pig_sticka

last year i asked my friend to head out fishin because he was getting skunked everytime out. when i picked him up he had 2 ice fishin rods. both had huge steel leaders, and large swivel snaps. and he had on a big malibou jig on it for sunnies smile.gif

he wouldn't let me switch his baits because he said he wanted that. after 15 minutes of me catching fish after fish, he decided to switch. and he as amazed when i put a slip bobber on his line lol. he is 20 years old so it was funny watchin him learn how to ice fish. now he has all the gizmos and is almost at the addicted stage.

the funny thing is that this kid has been fishing his whole life..... I have another buddy who lives down the hall who we just got to start ice fishing, first time he went out with us, he asked the other kid, "cant the fish see that thing?"

How about these guys with 10" holes, fishing for sunnies, with the biggest orange round clip on bobbers you can find, 12 pound test line, a 4 foot "oak tree" pole, and a baitcasting reel?

It sounds crazy but I stumbled across these folks on Tonka last week and I just couldn't believe my eyes.

The only thing that was convincing was the empty bottle of Jack.

My buddy still uses swivel snaps in the winter. We aren't talking aboot the little ones, he uses the size 2/0 swivel snaps, the kind i think are too big for even catfish, he uses for crappies and then b!ches aboot why he only caught two fish and everyone else limited out. I asked him one time why he uses them and he said, "I hate trying to tie line with cold fingers"

[This message has been edited by Bobb-o (edited 02-06-2003).]