• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bluegills

I've got a question for the Gill-Chasers.

Do any of you pick Goldenrod Grubs for bait? Or, do you use commercial Grubs?

When I was a kid we used to drive out to just about any open field and pick grocery bags full of Goldenrods that had the obvious buldge in the stem where the Grub had set up housekeeping for the winter.

We'd sit in the basement with our Scout knives and cut the stems open, pick out the little round Grubs and put them in cornmeal until we headed out to ice fish.

We'd string 3-4 of them on an Ice Ant and the Gills would just go nuts for them!

I'll never forget sitting in that old Brown shack on Tonka and sight-fishing for those fat Sunnies. We'd get an occasional school of Crappies as a bonus sometimes as well.

As for Corn, we used it in the summer, never in the winter, but it may work. Heck someone on this site met a guy on Tonka recently that was using a Chicken McNugget!

I know Corn can work on Trout sometimes too.

------------------
Chells