• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lantern light is it too much?

The only thing that I dislike about the candelier is the price. If I remember correctly it cost nearly as much as a coleman lantern.
The advantages are durability, dependability, no batteries,and it doesn't stink up the fishouse. The designer really did a good job because the lantern burns all the wax up and it doesn't make a mess.
I still am fond of my coleman lanterns, but for shallow lakes, or lakes without snowcover they have to stay home.
UCO has a HSOforum and maybe some of the FM advertisers even stock them.

Speaking of no snow cover and shallow,that is the Lake I'm hitting tomorrow.I will use incadesent lighting like the time prior.I wont use a lantern "fueltype" in the shack the fumes can get you. I also got one of those other adjustable krypton lantern's just in case the brighter krypton is too much.

------------------
Just say yes to icefishing!

My .02 cents
I use a headlamp made by Black Diamond. It has 4 LEDs that is real bright with fresh batteries. I use it only when I need to. (lighting up glow jigs) Otherwise I use the light from my MR. Heater Buddy and Vex so I can see my bobber if I'm using one at that time. Or I turn it on and point it up and get the soft light on the edges to see my bobber.

As a side note. My friend who was fishing 20 ft or so away had his lantern blasting on a clear water lake and I caught more and saw more without having any light. About 20 or so feet of water.

I never owned a lantern as the head lamp (for me) works just fine.

Later,
EBass

guys, i have always liked the coleman liquid fueled gas lantrens. what i usually do is get a paint roller tray, the shiny metal ones and fasten the lantren to it and then fasten the paint roller tray to my chest with straps. this allows me the use of both hands while watching my clorox bottles when fishing for catfish. when the skeeters are bad i fill er up with citronella oil mixed with the gas and it keeps away the bugs.