• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tumor?

tealitup

So last week I was playing with my puppy and found what seemed to be a fatty tumor. It is about a nickel in size and does not seem to attach to the muscle. Rather, just on the under layer of the skin.

It is right around where the micro chip was placed. Could this be scar tissue? It has me very worried!

It does not seem to bother her at all. No change in diet or activiety

Tealitup,

How did things check out with Kinsey? We kept Teal's last female "Widgeon" and she had a reaction to her last shot and it was a swollen lump about the size of a dime and lasted about 2-3 weeks. Let me know how she is turning out. I have some pics from our SD trip this year with Teal and Widgeon I will Email you. Hope Santa was good to her grin.gif.

Chad

Hey Chad! Good to hear from you! Kinsey was brought to the vet who thought it was nothing. He then took a needle and got some cells from the tumor.

He came back 10 minutes later and said they were just inflamation cells. Nothing to worry about and it should be gone in a couple of weeks. It is still there but much smaller and seems to be going down.

She has been a great dog. Two weeks ago out pheasant hunting she "got it." We have not been lucky enough to actually get a rooster, but she did manage to catch a hen by the tail feathers. Was a total riot; but the way I look at it is at least she knows what she is looking for.

Then last weekend we went out and we both fell into a creek that was not all the way frozen - about a mile from the truck. The winds were pushing 20-25 mph and snowing. Looking back its the perfect memory of a hunt though.