• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

660 grizzly won't start

waterwolff

Have a 2004 Grizzly that will only start if I pull the top off the air box remove the filter and place my hand over the intake while cranking when I do this it fires right up. If I try to start it with just the choke it won't fire. Any thoughts.

Mike

I haven't looked at a Grizzly carb recently, but most other ATVs do not use an actual "butterfly" style choke anymore. If the cable is functioning properly, I'd guess that the fuel enrichment circuit is plugged, so the carb will probably need to come off and be cleaned.

Putting your hand over the carb intake basically mimics the old reliable choke to help it start.

No I only use it for ice fishing. It started fine last week the problem came up on fri nite, Today I sprayed Seafoam Deep Creep into the carb and am going to let it sit overnite I also filled the tank with non oxy premium and let it run for a half hour so we'll see what happens

Thats another thought, a small drop of moisture in the enrichment circuit may have frozen and blocked it temporarily. Next time you run it, after its warm turn on the choke and rev it a bit. This should help clear it out if it was moisture. Also, you can test it by running it with the choke on after its warm, this will cause it to idle rough or die if it is working ok.