• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to sport

Punch alot of holes early and stay mobile.
Everything under the ice has slow metablizim so go small and slow.
Remember gills relie on smell and crappies relie on sight. Use crappie minnows or waxies on a small ant or jig.

I will be fishing in Central Illinois in Scott County on a small farm pond. I have been told that bluegill and catfish can be caught during the summer. Can't remember about crappie but would not be suprised to find them in there too.

Figertiger Ford
Welcome to best fishing info site on the web. You will be close to an expert smile.gif from all the free info you will receive from the fishingmn family members. You will have to try the things people tell you and remember some things work sometimes and not others. frown.gif You fish in the summer so you already know how many variables there are to fishing. Whatever the case have fun and learn and share your thoughts and info with us!
“FISH” grin.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Hey all. I live in central Illinois and have never ice fished in my life. I have done alot of summer fishing. This weekend will be my first trip to the hard water. Please give me some tips as far as bait and presentation. I have alot of plastic panfish grubs and stuff. I will be on a smaller farm pond and will probably be going for either bluegill or crappie. Will minnows work for that and if so how do you rig them. Again never done this before and know absolutely nothing about ice fishing. Except of course you have to drill a hole in the ice.