• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice fishing minnows on jigging lures

iceyooper

I tend to use fatheads on the number fives and use crappie heads on all of the smaller sizes. I usually replace the treble hook on the bottom of the new raps. I put bigger ones on then I pinch the heads off of the minnows and put them on the bottom trebel. This technique of putting bigger trebles on has gave me way better hooking percentage.

I'm with IceHawk. I often times replace the trebles with larger ones unless I'm using smaller raps for panfish. I typically use fathead and crappie minnow heads as well. I also like to tip the treble of smaller raps with maggots for perch.

Good Fishin, Matt.

Thanks for the info, I have jigged very little for walleyes over the years -- almost always just use tipups and felt using medium golden shinners as bait on a rap would be very expensive. It seems I have been missing out on some good action and its time to seriously try jigging for eyes.

Iceyooper--When using the Rapala or Nils Masters replace the treble with a #8 Treble of your liking--I use the Lazer or Gamagatzku.

Don't hesitate to use the tail-portion of your Fatheads on the center treble hook, especially when the fish are in a positive mood--sometimes the double-tail effect will trigger more strikes or get neutral fish to give your Jig a pop.

------------------
Chells

I keep hearing about these Angel Eyes!
Where can you get them? I asked the guy at Gander, and he was baffled. He did say he had a couple other people ask about them.

1.-What do they look like? Jigging spoon?
2.-Who makes these bad boys??

I appreciate any help!

DJFish

DJfish, I just ordered some, I beieve from this web site??? Go to the chat about the Glow Devils and follow it until you find the photo site. Call them, they have angel eyes and glow devils. Allways a way to spend money.

I've had luck tipping my jigging spoons with the head of a Rosey Red. Generally I use Jig-A-Whopper baits as I got a bunch for free. wink.gif And they work pretty darn good, just need to replace the treble and you are all set.