• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IRS Lockout Device

clam up

Can anyone offer a review of the Kolpin IRS lockout bar? I have a '05 Sp700. I'm interested in the version that is attached to the swing arms (not from the receiver hitch to the rack). I'm curious to know if it could cause any damage. I would imagine there would be some problems if guy really overloaded his machine, but I'm looking to tote my eskimo shack on one of those "hitch hauler" platforms and would like to take the "squat" out of the picture.

Do you have your rear springs cranked up all the way?

yes the lockout device works.... But I wouldn't buy one.. You can make yourself one for a fraction of the price.

all you need are some regular washers, over sized washers, 2 bolts and lock nuts to go up through the bottom of your lower rear A arms and a link of chain. I do this with my machine when I want to lock out my rear end while doing "sled pulls" As you know there will be NO give in your rear suspension and rear ground clearence will be greatly diminished. If you want I can snap a few pics and post them for you.

As for the hitch hauler... Are you talking about one of these? http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0006064520570a&navCount=2&podId=0006064&parentId=cat20153&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21412-cat20153_TGP&catalogCode=UH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20153&hasJS=true if so you may want also tie it into your rack with a ratchet straps. Other wise depending upon the weight you have on the rack it may end up bending your hitch. I run a Warn Multi mount on my 03 SP700. Without this hauler being racheted into the rear rack it would bend the rear mount big time. With it ratcheted in to the rack I don't have a problem at all. However whe I run the Hauler off the front of my machine during sled pulls I have put over 300#'s of lead on it without much flex at all. Also something to consider is the Cabelas Hauler rach is a 2 inch hitch. Your machine I believe is an 1 1/2 so you will need an adapter. Pluss if your running this off of your rear hitch it will affect your ground clearence if you have to deal will any hills at all.