• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Fishing Pics

I am stuck in my cube at work wishing I was fishing so I started looking through some of my pics online and found some of my favorite fish pics.

To me a great picture isn't neccessary about the fish, but the story behind it and the overall scenery in the picture. Just looking at the pics take me back to the trip.

This one ranks up there in my all time favorites. Four grizzlies harassed us all day long while we were fly fishing for sockeyes in Alaska. We had to give up our spots to them three times. Silly me, I left my camera in the tent because I was looking at pictures the night before. My cousin snapped this picture of me with the bears in the background as we were leaving to grill up some chrome fish over a fire away from the river and hopefully away from the hungry bears. We didn't have a stringer so I used a willow branch which I think really adds to the picture.

Yogi.JPG

Post your favorite pics.

If you look up and to the right of the cub in the center of the picture there is a huge male. My cousin has a bunch of pictures of him, but none turned out to well. I think he may have been shaking a little every time the bear came out of the shadows into the river. I know I was.smirk.gif

big_bear.JPG

This is a photo of my daughter with her first nice fish. She is holding a humpback salmon caught on a pink pixie spoon, from the Olds River on Kodiak Island, Alaska. This was about 14 years ago and I remember this moment as if it happened yesterday. I still remember her yelling, "Dad, help. I need help!" Of course I didn't help her, because she didn't need it.She caught 6 to my 1. grin.gif She also left a spoon wrapped around a highline wire. crazy.gif

2090211598_24acc5e7c6_o.jpg