• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NW Iowa ice?

They have been getting a few gills on the grade. shucks said they havent had anyone in but that doesnt mean nobodys out. they also said that the canals were frozen and that upper/lower gar and minnewashta all have ice so if the weather isnt too bad in the morning ill be able to give you a first hand report on the conditions tomorrow night.

Here's the big report.

Emerson's Bay

Emersons.jpg

Little Emerson's Bay

LilEmerson.jpg

The Canals on Miller's Bay

Maybe 1-1.5" of ice but alot of blue watery looking snow around the docks.

Canals.jpg

Smith's Bay

Smiths.jpg

Upper Gar 1" of ice

UpperGar.jpg

Lower Gar 1.5" of ice

LowerGar2.jpg

Minnewashta 1.5" of ice

Minnewashta.jpg

I drilled about 20 holes in Templar Park seen one bluegill on the camera and caught it and only seen one bullhead in the other 19 or so holes there was about 3" of ice. There was also on die hard sitting on a bucket at the grade and one unhappy looking fellow leaving anglers bay he did walk out with his portable so im assuming he had around the average 3-4" not sure how far out he went though. Drove past Silver and Center both have ice but I didn't check to see how much. Fished Round Lake (MN) this afternoon on the south side caught to small perch and one small 13" walleye seen a several other small pech but no other walleyes. If the cold holds on through the week, the wind doesn't blow too much, and the snow doesn't insulate the ice too much next week should be a pretty good week for the protected areas.

Quote:

Excellent report!

4 degrees this morning, and the forecast shows nothing above freezing all week...should be good to go by the upcoming weekend I would think.

That's kind of what I was hoping for. My buddy did end up fishing in the canals yesterday afternoon but the ice wasn't very good and he only ended up catching a few small gills both there and on the grade. Any reports during the week would be greaetly appreciated.

Only 30 minutes away from there, but can't say I have any first hand reports. Been cold here all week, so bays should be getting close. Here's a link that might be helpful. Live link shots of Smith's Bay. Can't see much right now 'cause it's dark in the photo...by daylight you should be able to get an idea.

http://www.okoboji.com/live/big_picture/

Good luck to everyone this weekend. The canals, little emersons, upper/lower gar, minnewashta, templar park, the grade, and anglers bay all have good ice but. I dont have any good reports of fish being caught yet. I should have a better report tomorrow night.