• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Sharing... Panfish on Ice!!!

Corey Bechtold

Well that was a fun trip to see all 15 pages in this thread.

There were some very nice quality fish shown.

Congrates to everyone for the fine catches you've shared.

I'd like to share a few I've caught or maybe a cohort caught on one of our trips this winter so far.

08iceseason234.jpg

ice006.jpg

08iceseason228.jpg

08iceseason220.jpg

08iceseason213.jpg

08iceseason093.jpg

08iceseason108.jpg

08iceseason083.jpg

08iceseason070.jpg

08iceseason052.jpg

08iceseason024.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my brother Mitch went to a Grand Rapids resort for a family outing with our wives and our niece. So what do we do? We go fishing, of course!!! The women did their thing and we did ours...everybody's happy \:D

First we tried some sight fishing, where I had great sucess in early january, but didn't catch much but a couple rock bass and tiny gill. Well, the fish weren't in the weeds, so now it's time to track 'em down. I started drilling holes going deeper and deeper till I hit around 20-21 FOW. Nothing, so I decided to follow the break down the shoreline. In January there was no one fishing there, but now it was built up. I started deeper in the 20' range and worked my way toward the 15 foot flat where everyone else seemed to be set up. We started catching bluegills and crappies at about 15 FOW...

Mitch with a slab crappie...

IMG_1836.jpg

Me and a bull...

IMG_1837.jpg

Mitch and his biggest "thumper" to date, almost 9.5"

IMG_1838.jpg

We drilled lots of holes and hole hopped the general viscinity. The action was never "hot" but we caught enough fish to keep us busy for the rest of the day with quite a few gills in the 9" class.

The next day we got up early and headed to the same spot. It was slow going for the first hour or so, so I decided to drill some holes shallower where no one else was fishing. Bingo! I started catching some very nice bluegills immediately at 12-13 FOW, a couple close to the 10" mark. They were also more aggressive than the place we just left, probably because they were unpressured...

Thumper action...

IMG_1840.jpg

Another thumper...

IMG_1844.jpg

We had to call it quits at around 11am because Mitch had to go back to the resort and get ready to depart. That didn't stop me from heading out to fishing the 13' depth again. Weather was moving in. I got out there and started fishing around 3:30pm, and I just pounded the bulls!!! I caught 43 bluegills in just over 2 hours, probably some of the best bluegill action I ever experienced in my life, not because of numbers, but the majority were in the 9" class with this one @ 10" exactly...

IMG_1847.jpg

Equipment I used...

Thorne Brothers Noodle Rod,

Jason Mitchell Spring Bobber rod,

Both had Tica reels spooled with 2lb P-line...

The only thing we had consistant action on was Maynards Flutter Bug tipped with a eurolarvae. The fish didn't respond well to my favorite ratso or other offerings. Why mess with what works, right? All fish were released.

I wanted to fish monday morning, but the lake was drifted over from all the wind, making travel very difficult cry.gif

Those are some real nice fish CrappieKeith, that first one is CHUNKY!!!!

Calvinist, sweet bulls! I have picked up a few as of late, but those that big and consistant have got to be a blast!!! I have yet to have to use any meat for the gills, just using ratso's, or gill pills or fiska's with nuggies.

Personal best caught last night, 15.5", by myself of course with only a dim light and camera phone, so the pics were bad but I tried to brighten them and remove the red. Small metro lake, 7fow & 7pm, small ratso, fish came in on the bottom when most were 2-4 ft below the ice.

155Crappie2-20-08.gif

155Crappie2-20-082.jpg

Originally Posted By: muc33
A guy might have some hang over the edge of the plate on a slab like that. Nice fish dtro.

Just use a bigger plate ;\)

That's the first fish I put a knife to this winter, and I just finished wiping the butter from my chin. MMMM

**edit**

I forgot....I also ate that Laker in my Avatar