• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Walleyes

redhooks

Hey Glenmo-get your wife,kids and/or some friends out there to allow for several lines and set a couple tip-ups or bobber rigs off the bottom of the hump,a couple along the edge and one or two on top of the hump. Set your bait (shiners/fatheads sm suckers) 6-18" up off the bottom and be there at 1st light or sunset and see which rigs you get bites on and pattern accordingly-typically as evening darkness approaches the walleyes should work their way up to the top of your hump or break- but the best way to find out is trial and error-time invested on the water is well spent-good luck!
redhooks

I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to ice fishing - only been out about 4 times - but want to do more. Question regarding finding walleyes under the ice: where to look? I've heard differing opinions on this. Some have said to go to the underwater humps on the edge of the weed beds near where they were in summer. Others have said they may be more likely found near the bottom in the deeper water. The lake I'm fishing has a 9-foot deep weedy hump with 25 feet sandy weedless depths surrounding it. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the advice, redhooks. Sounds like a good way to go. We're hoping to get a few of us out there, so we can cover the area like that a little and see what we get.

If you were the coolist fish in the lake besides a Muskie, where would you hang out? Persistance is the key on any lake. Good luck! Look at the lake map and picture it in 3D. Find the spot and they will be there. Look at the entire mean and find something different. Good Luck-
-NS-