• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X, Here is that fox I was telling you about.

Paul

Dont remeber if this was posted here or not but when visiting with x-tackleman, he had expressed interest in seeing this fox, who was in the middle of changing from his white coat to his brown-red coat. taken last spring North of Grand Forks near the old Cavalier Air Base. taken with 300mm zoom resting on mirror of can on the side of the road.

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

I doubt that the fox was changing from white to red/brown. That would be cool. Red fox come in many color phases from silver to black, but I don't think they change color throughout the year. It looks to me like it is losing his winter coat. The fluffy undercoat is full of split ends and has faded with the weather. My (red) golden retrievers get the same look in the spring. The clumps of underfur that fall out are much lighter than the longer guard hair.