• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Musky vs. Crappie...some thoughts

Cyberfish

><}}}("< ---

What is harder to catch, muskies, or crappies? Well that should be easy, Muskies are the fish of 10,000 casts! anyone can catch crappies! Even when I grew up going to my Grandparents cabin on a world class musky lake in wisconsin, I never caught a legal musky, but always was able to fill a pail with nice slab crappies by just dunking a minnow and bobber off the dock. The answer should be clear then, right?

Well, this is were things get a little murky. What if we are on a lake like leech lake? Here is a lake that is well known for lots of muskies, and big ones too, it is also known to pruduce some huge crappies, but not big numbers, I wonder if it would be more difficult to catch crappies on leech consistently than muskies?

OK, now here is where the water gets really murky. What if we had two good fishermen, one whos personal goal would be to land a 50 inch Musky, the other fishers goal would be a 18 inch Crappie. Who would get their lunker first, if both fished the same amout of time on their lakes of choice? I really don't know.

My final assesment... It is comparing apples to oranges. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Cyberfish (edited 01-09-2003).]