• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Dog?

Jigging Bob

I have been looking for a ticked German Shorthair pup. Are you all out? I do alot of hunting & would like to have a good pointer. My brother also has a pointer male that is great in the fields. His is almost a gray brown ticked color. This is what I like also. I am from the Fargo, ND area. Please let me know or point me in a direction of someone whom would have any pups. Any key things I should be looking for when purchasing a hunting dog? This is my first one.

Thank you,

Hey Bob; spend this season and the winter studying and learning about dogs, dogs and more dogs. Read all you can and talk to dog owners, breeders, trainers.

THEN go shopping for a puppy. You will be better informed and more confident in your ability to choose. Both you AND your new dog are winners that way.

Take your time. Do it right. Enjoy the many delights of owning a well bred, well trained companion. It is one of the true joys of life. wink.gif