• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Game Camera Film Question

I am going to go put my game camera out for a few days. My wife said I could have any of her film. I have two to types choose from 200 or 800. My camera has a flash so it will hopefully be capturing images all day long. She is telling me I should use the 200. I am not sure if she is giving me good advice or if she is saying that because the 200 is cheaper than the 800.

Which film should I use?

Thanks for the help.

I know, I know... I should break down and buy a digital game camera and then I wouldn't have to bother you with these types of questions. grin.gif

Casey:

When the flash is doing pretty much all of the work, as in night shooting, it's generally better to use faster film (800), because the flash will have to do a bit less work to properly expose the film (any ambient light will make a bigger difference and help out iso800 film more than the much slower iso200).

Your iso200 shots will have less grain, however, and your cam flash may work fine with iso200. I'd recommend you try one of each on successive nights. Then run them to Norex for one-hour processing when you get to work so you can see which is doing best for you. That's because it's possible your camera has a strong enough flash and the deer will be close enough when the cam trips that iso200 will work well, and if it does, the pics will be nicer.

And, of course, you can have Mrs. caseymcq put a bells-and-whistles digital trail cam on her Christmas list for you. grin.gif