• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rage Broadheads

bigyooper

I shot a doe with these and have one complaint. The 2" cutting distance was to great to fit between the ribs. Verticle it wouldn't be a problem but mine hit horizontal.It broke throug the rib but lost all it's energy doing it. At 13 yards I didn't even get a pass through. I am wondering if anyone else has had any issues yet?

That is a possibility. 2" holes are nice but I prefer a smaller hole where I know I will get a pass thru. As long as the blades get through the vitals it will do what it was suppose to but pass thrus help with tracking. With that said even with small fixed blades at times you won't have a pass thru.

I use the three blade and I know four guys that use the two blade. This season the five of us have taken 12 deer so far and zero complaints. They leave a huge hole on either side of the animal and destroy whatever is in between. We rate them as the best broadhead we've ever used.

I'm with matt. I think they are a pretty sweet broadhead. I shot a doe with the 2 blader last fall. The shot was a little back and she still didn't go too far.

The 2 Inch diameter is more of an advantage than it is a disadvantage.

I've shot 3 deer so far this year, 2 with a Rage and 1 with a Muzzy MX4, I have alway's been a fan of Muzzy's and not much of a fan of expandables but I decided to try out the Rage 2 blade. The first deer I arrowed (with the Rage)went 5 yards, the second deer I arrowed (with a muzzy)went 45 yards, the 3rd deer I arrowed (with a Rage)went less than 30 yards. All three deer were shot at less than 18 yards, all 3 were lung shots. On the 3rd deer, the arrow was not a pass thru, the arrow went thru both shoulder blades and ribs going in and comming out. With the internal devistation on what the Rage broadhead does, I would much rather have the deer go down fast than to have to track it. All 3 deer were shot in a highly populated urban hunt, the last thing I want is the deer to travel very far or to possibly loose an arrow (with a passthru). I'm definately a fan of the Rage, if it means the down side is arrow looses energy and does not go completely thru, and the up side is the deer drop within site, I'm all for it. It can be expensive cause with the arrow not passing thru on deer number 3, it was busted in 4 pieces. My only "complaint" is the availabilty, the 2 blade broadheads are in such a high demand, the poor folks at the factory are busting their butt trying keep up with the demand.

Many broadheads will drop a deer fast if the arrow is placed very well in the boiler room. I have shot two deer to date this season and neither has went more than 30 yards. Both shots were through both shoulders and into the heart lung area and cleared the deer.

3 blade Muzzies.