• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Adding manual tilt?

bear204

I have a 1974 Johnson 25hp tiller on my duck boat. I was wondering if you can add tilt to it. It only has a lock and release lever. If anyone knows anything about this that would be great. Thanks

Can you raise your tilt pin (the motor stop) so the motor won't go down very far in the full-up position? I'm not familiar with your motor but on the mercs I've had you could raise the tilt pin quite a ways. Good luck.

Just as said, raise the height of the pin till you get the best performance. If your looking to be able to trim up and down in shallow water then there is a shallow water foot thats separate from the trim pin. That is only intended for slow speeds.

So the option is there for setting tilt but not meant to adjust all time. The shallow water option is there also but meant for low speeds.

You can put an after market tilt and trim that'll let you adjust while moving. They're expensive and normally not needed for on a small tiller outboard.

Surface can you get that foot from a dealer or online anywhere. I had a 1996 Johnson that had that on there and that is what i am looking for. This motor is on my duck boat and some of the lakes are shallow in spots that I go.

I think if you can lock the outboard in the down position then it has the shallow water assembly. I'll have to go check. If you don't have one then I can't say for sure it it'll work on your outboard.

I'd imagine you might find one at Twin City Outboard but don't know if they'd sell you just the assembly.

I think a '74 has only tilt up and down positions, not the shallow water.

It's practically a bracket that locks in position 1/3 way tilted up, Twin City outboard should have something but ask them if you can install it on yours, possibly OMC changed housing design and will not work.