• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My new Springer

MinnesotaMongo

I'm pretty excited. I just picked up this boy from Sand Creek Springers. I'm happy to be working with the breeder with my training in the near future. Lots of good dogs come from him.

I just wanted to drag and brag. 9 weeks old - 1st week with me and he "Hups" like a champ!

His name is Maynard.

mayn2.jpg

maynard.jpg

I'm not real comfortable sharing what I paid - although I can tell you that I think that he charges around 800.00 or so depending on the stock it's from. I do know he has some puppies right now that he's anxious to sell since it is field trial season. He should have black/white and liver/white males left.

Thanks for all the great comments - this is my first Springer, and I can't believe how smart they are. Doesn't look like they need a heavy hand - they are very eager to please.

My Springer is now 23 weeks today..got her at 6 wks and let me tell you..when you get a good one you know it! I swear and this isn't just proud pappa talk but I think it may be the smartest dog I've ever seen...they are great animals..can't wait to hunt some with her later this fall!

Nice looking pup. Here is a few pictures of my new springer Jasmine. I just got her last week from Pine Shadows. She is 11 weeks old. She is the one on the right. This is my first one too. I can't wait til next year when I have her out hunting. They are an awesome breed. I grew up with one, when I was a child.

picture256yp4.jpg

breezefem9707008tt3.jpg