• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beaver Bay Trails

SnoManX

There are 10 of us leaving tomorrow and renting a cabin up by Beaver Bay. I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions on places to eat/fill up along the trail or if there is one or two trails that may be more scenic to ride than the rest. Do most of the gas stations have trail maps? Thanks for any info!

P.S. Anything I need to do to prepare the wheeler for the notorious red mud?

I will be up there on Monday and am excited to go. I know a few people that live up there and ride there. They say it is atv friendly and getting around is easy. I get about 50-60 miles per tank and they tell me I won't need to bring extra gas on the trail. Sorry I can't help you more. if you were going next weekend I would be able to fill you in. The fall colors are supposed to be at peak right now, so it should be great.

If I remember correctly you have a can-am....keep the rubber side down smile.gif

I plan to soak the wheelers with some tire foam. It seems to help when cleaning the next time, but it attracts dust a little.

Thanks Roofer, I'll try to remember to keep the rubber side down but those CanAm's are so POWERFUL they tend to have a mind of their own. I bought some Dry Lube and sprayed the underside and wheel wells with it. It's suppose to give it a teflon-like finish and hopefully makes the cleaning easier. Will let you guys know how it works.

The trip was awesome!! We rode for about 10.5 hrs on Friday, a little longer than we had expected because we got lost a couple of times and several wheelers get stuck in a bog. And Saturday it rained on and off most of the day, which made for some great muddy trails. The colors were awesome and we found a couple of really nice scenic lookouts. We were able to get a little over 120 miles on for the weekend and several great stories! We're already planning next years trip.

Thanks Roofer! The tire foam worked great.

Glad it worked for you snoman. I forgot and that clay is something else. Little spots are just like play dough that smears. It got a little muddy on us when it rained tuesday evening.