• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat advice needed...

pickinupafew

I have been out of the fishing scene for too long and I am hoping some of you guys could give me your thoughts.

I am in Iowa and looking at getting this package and am wondering how the price looks to you folks in the know...

A 16ft Lund 1600 Explorer SS with console and a 75 hp Mercury 4 stroke, 2 depth finders, two fishing chairs, a trolling motor, and trailer. It is a 2007 model, with a yearend price of $18,750.00, water ready. All new.

Too high, just right or a good deal??

Thanks so much for the input!

You will always pay more for a Lund. I would look around. There also may be some good deals on used right now. With the right boat, you can also get more equipment that really does add up when you have to equip a new boat. I bought new last year, and now I wish I would have went used. As far as the price on the boat you are looking at, I think it is high because the motor is only a 75 hp and the boat is only 16 ft. If it was a 17 or 17.5 with a 115, then I think that would be about right.

I bought my 17' Lund Explorer SS brand new in March ('06) for about $17,500 before tax. It was an 05' model and I got it with a 115 Merc 4 stroke, 70 pound Minnkota Auto-Pilot, a Lowrance 332, 2 deep cycles and bank charger.

I found a comparable boat at the boat show and just started calling around to find a better price.