• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

07-08 regulations changes

Roofer

There are many new rules in the new atv regulations handbook. I just have questions for those in the know about a few that pertain to me or that interest me.

1. About deer hunting....it says that a landowner can ride any time during the deer season. Is this even if you have a deer hunting license? It does not state this clearly

2. There is no mention of snorkels that I can find. last year they were not legal, now I can't find it.

3.There is no mention of class1 atv's as far as cc's anymore, just under 900 lbs. Arctic Cat must be at work lobbying.

4. It says a rider of a class1 atv over 18(?) may carry a passenger now. Nothing said about a second seat, box, etc...

This is what caught my eye so far. Any info is appreciated.

I did find one thing...........

This law is changed from last year. It used to say "no snorkel devices". ATVs may not be operated with a snorkel device that has a raised air intake six inches or more above the manufacturer’s original air intake.

If things haven't changed from last year:

1) You can operate an ATV anytime during the regular firearms deer season if you are the landowner or have landowner permission.

2) You may be right with the Arctic Cat lobbying with the new T-Cat coming.

3) The laws regarding carrying a passenger changed a couple years back. Even on a single seat machine, you can carry a passenger if you're 18 or older.

I haven't read through the new reg's yet so anything that I mentioned above might be incorrect. Once I start setting up classes for the spring and get the new reg's, I'll be more up-to-date.

Thanks.

As for #3....when I was at the dealership last year buying my machine, i overheard a conversation about having a passenger. They said that you had to have a seperate seat and foot pegs for the passenger. This was just a conversation, but non-the-less. Just an observation.

that's the problem with some dealerships, they pass on incorrect information. Kind of like the slow moving vehicle signs on the back of Class 2 ATV's.

Having a set of pegs and handgrips for a passenger is a good idea so they can support themselves. But the best way to accomplish that, is to cough up the extra change for the 2-up models that are designed for 2 people. If this is out of range for some, they can ride the single person machines but need to understand the limitations.

Quote:

If things haven't changed from last year:

1) You can operate an ATV anytime during the regular firearms deer season if you are the landowner or have landowner permission.

You mean to say that I have been freezing my butt off in my stand waiting until 11:00 AM to drive out?!!!? Oh wait, I guess it has been warm the last few years. LOL