• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

morning sand hills and deer (pics)

took a ride this morning about 8:00am in the meadowlands area and owl avenue...I did see one great grey owl but it saw me and spooked smirk.gif...no pics!...but I did see 2 different batches of sand hill cranes feeding in the vast fields in that area...along with deer in the various fields also...great morning grin.gif...pics were taken with my teleconverter full zoom so not the best for sure and hard to keep steady hand held...

Frame_DSCF8722-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF8723-1copy.jpg

and the ever present deer in the fields...

Frame_DSCF8738-3.JPG

Frame_DSCF8737-4.JPG

a grouse in the cool morning dew:

Frame_DSCF8713-3.jpg

Thanks guys!......Xt,I've seen these sandhills on "almost" every outing on my road travels between the Sax-Zim bog area and the fields near the Zim road(county 27),toivola, Elmer ,meadowlands, little swan,Lavell,macdavitt area....the roads would be the Arkola road,Mcdavit road, Stickney road, county 83, owl Avenue, Overton road(one of my favorites for great grey owls also)...the sandhills shots here above were taken on the Arkola road about 5 miles east of hwy #5...again, I've seen sandhills all spring and summer along the fields of these roads,usually 3 or 4 in a flock....I never get closer then about 150' or so so a good zoom certainly would be a great help...not only that,one has to be aware that the land owners certainly may frown on one tresspassing on the fields that have the sandhills....all my shots have been out of my ford ranger with the passenger side window rolled down...engine was still running so I may even have some vibration on the pics...I did manage to get out of the truck and take a few photos resting over the box...they were getting "nervous" as they saw me though grin.gif