• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coopers Hawk

JohnK

John, welcome to FM. Great to have you here. grin.gif

Thanks for sharing this nice capture. It is a bit dark, and there are things that can be done to brighten it, if you'd like. In any case, good to see you posting all the way from Washington. grin.gif

I spent a lot of my life in Grand Forks, N.D., not at all far from Crystal.

Thanks Steve,

It was a (fairly typical) dark, gray, overcast morning - that picture has been lightened already to get it to that point. It could handle a little more brightening, but it started to look washed out. In the original you couldn't see much detail on the head at all. Once summer is gone photography up here can get pretty grim.

The Crystal I grew up in is a bit further from Grand Forks than you might think, it's a suburb of the TC, just on the north west side. If I can convince my wife that the winters there aren't all THAT bad hopefully I'll get back!