• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trails and clubs

beeonkey

Ok everyone, summer is over and fall and winter will come very fast and our sport of snowmobiling will be with us again. If you are a member of a snowmobile club good, get more involved if you can in your club. If you are not in a club, PLEASE,PLEASE get involved. The club members that keep our trails open need help. In most clubs about 6-8 hard working people are left with the majority of the work and then they get burnt out quickly. If you have thought about joining a club before and just never did anything about it, Please do it this time you will have fun, meet good new people you will soon call friends and your trails you like to ride on will be safer and better prepared for the up coming season.

Trail clean up in the fall is the hardest to get done because the fall outdoor activities are so abundant no one has time for a little extra work. Most clubs can get this done in one or two days. Trails need to have all the fallen branches and trees removed and bridges inspected for safety and signage repaired/replaced. It is a time that you can ride your atv on the trail and not get in trouble for it. If you have all local enforcement notified etc. It will also give you satisfaction that you helped. Only one day or a half day of your time makes a difference.

I am the Vise President of the Over the Hill Night Riders club in Hermantown; our club really needs new members. The over the hill thing is so true. No offence to any of our members, but we really, really need people that would like to get involved and help. If you don’t want to groom, don’t, just do what you can or like to. If you live in the Duluth area and would like to help me 729-7687 ask for Jim. Please everyone Help support our sport our season isn’t that far away.

Let it snow!!

smirk.gif

DITTO!!!!

I'm in the Belle Plaine Boroughriders and we have the very same issues. 6-8 guys running about 90 miles of trail. The future of snowmobiling in the state will be in jeopardy if we don't get some help. Joining MN-USA is also very wise to keep the sport we all love going.

I think Snowmobile and ATV clubs alike have difficulty getting more than 5-10 people to help out with the "work" side of the club.

I think it is a blast playing with the chain saw and clearing trails.

Unfortunately I think you will see club memberships dropping atleast in the central part of the state due to lack of winter. I personally am trying to sell my nearly new sleds (275 miles on a 06 and 71 miles on a 05) due to lack of snow to ride on and/or time to actually use them when there is snow. I will not be buying sleds again.

I really do want every one to please get envolved Help clear trails, You will be able to ride your wheeler on the trail and not get in trouble. With the group that is. Come on and enjoy the great out doors. Find the local club you can help. laugh.gif