• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Small ponds, and oxygen.

i guess it all depends onthe lake in question depth, vegetation, populatioon of the lake all work into the equation in my experience a lake say a 100yds across in all directions and 20 ft deep have been good all with adequate vegetation can stay good all year. your best bet is to try it throughoout the season and see whats best for your lake. each lakeis different

Hey all nice HSOforum you have here. I am now addicted to these forums!

Ok back to the real topic. There is a pond near my house that has some pound blue gills and really nice crappie in it. I have only fished this in the summer and have done real well. I am going to try through the ice this year, and was woundering if this should be the 1st place I hit this year due to its smaller size. So I guess my question is, are smaler ponds good to hit right away before oxygen levels become low, or do fish still stay pretty active most of the year in these ponds?

Cpt. Fish