• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowtech and Blazers

DooWap

I use them with my Bowtech and I have no problems with vane clearance. I shoot a WB rest so I can turn the arrows so that I get total vane clearance but I don't think it would hit no matter where I turned the arrow.

I've shot a couple different Bowtechs and know at least a dozen guys who have a Bowtech- no cable contact at all. Are you shooting 2" Blazers? Not sure how the 2" Blazer could possibly hit the cables. Regardless, if you're getting contact, something is very out of tune. Suggestion- get some foot spray (something for athlete's foot) and spray your cables, rest, and riser near the rest. Try figure out where the contact is happening at. My guess is that it's not on the cables, but on the rest.

Anyway, I'm not shooting Blazers, but I know a bunch of guys who are with a Bowtech and are not having problems. I'd guess you've got a tuning issue.

I have been shooting a BowTech Guardian and 2' Blazers for the last year and I have not been getting any contact with my cables. Which way is your cocked feather positioned when yu knock your arrow? I shoot cocked feather up in direct alignment with my string to make sure I do not get contact on the release. I also shoot a Rip Cord rest to make sure I do not have any contact on my shot.

I have a problem with blazers with my Mathews. Blazer vanes do stick out farther from the shaft than other fletch, that is why they work so well. If you have a drop away rest, all you need to do to turn your nocks till you have good clearance.