• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best lighting for portable

chiroeye

In everyones opinion, what is the best source of light in a portable? Propane lanterns, rechargable lanterns, headlamps, other possibilities? Pros and cons for each? Just trying to get an idea about what would provide the most economical light source. Thanks for the help.

Chiroeye,
Nice to see you survived finals...been there...don't let it break you! A latern is always nice but, kinda a pain to lug around plus always worrying 'bout those mantles. My money is with a good LED headlamp, runs forever, you can attach it to one of the poles in the prtable and you can use it wading for eyes in the rock river down there.
BTW I should have my Isle practice open when you come up here this winter...make sure you drop me a line!