• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Story of a deer saved by an Ice Buster Bobber

Saturday evening all cozy in my stand, and bored to death. I start searching my pockets and what do I find but an Ice buster still hiding from last season. Off goes my mind thinking of that bobber slowly falling below the surface of my ice hole as an unsuspecting crappie doesn't even realize he's done for...for he doesn't feel the drag of the bobber at all. OOPS there goes my 8 pointer right down the middle of the drive way methodically working his way to his nightly haunt. So the only deer I have seen during rifle season was saved by the bobber...maybe PETA planted it in my pocket grin.gif

Chiro, That is about the funniest thing I've read in along time!!!!! I could almost picture it all in my mind. My brother in law dropped his hand held radio down the hole and the next thing he noticed was his Ice Buster going down. So he slowly reeled up his line, and what appears but his radio. It wedged between the line-stopknot-and the Ice Buster.Lucky save! He has a 2 wheel drive pickup which was terribly stuck last winter and when 2 guys pulled up with a Big 4x4 he asked for help and said I'll give you a 6-pack for pulling me out. One guy looked at his dash and spied a bag of Ice Busters and said I'll trade you the 6-pack for the bobbers and then they went their seperate ways. Take Care, Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com