• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PGI convention NIGHT 4

Ok Day 4 in the series of PGI pictures. These were supposed to be from Wendsday but due to an inch of rain at 10pm they cancelled till last night. Beautiful night to sit outside, 80 degrees, low humidity, zero breeze,uh wait a minute that ain't know good with massive amounts of gunpowder. Ya imagine since there was zero wind that the smoke from each shell just hovered over the field and crowd. Coudn't hardly see the guy next to me at times. I managed to grab a few good shots. (about a 165 of them) here are 4 of my favorites.

Once again, Canon XTI, 28-80mm sigma lense, tripod, cable release, .5 sec to 30 sec exposure. usually taken in shutter priority.

IMG_4803A.jpg

IMG_4767A.jpg

IMG_4753A.jpg

IMG_4723A.jpg

Tonight is the grand finale, not sure if I will have room to set tripod because they are expecting 15,000 people in the stands that hold 14,700. Gonna be tight.

DBL, Thanks for the input. One of the biggest changes from the ones I posted around the 4th is that then I was over 1.5 miles away from the launch site. This past week I have been 300yards from Launch. Been a couple of times I had to duck. grin.gif

The PGI Convention is a blast (no pun intended) some of the worlds best homegrown fireworks and commercial displays anywere. It is basically one big ego contest. WHo can make the loudes bang.