• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

windbreak

i just bought a (sort of)new ice shack from a friend of mine that has been in his barn for along time. He has never used it and wanted to get rid of it and he gave it to me. It is kind of the same concept as the fish trap except it only flods up to 90 degrees not completly over the top.Id like to find out if they r still in business so i could order some accesories from them..The model is called the Windbreaker and the company is from Michigan. any help would b greatly appreciated

Hey Skipper, this sounds like the unit I have, does it have the name of the company and an address from Edwardsburg Michigan stenciled over the door, mine is called The Windblock. Blue canvas, all square tube alluminum, seat that raises up as you fold up the top, this sound like it? They later made a couple other models with black canvas and a plastic sled-half floor. If this sounds right I can E-mail you their phone number.

yeah that sounds like it and i have the newer model with the black plastic bottom with the half bottom. i just got it from a guy and i dont know how old it is or where to get parts so a phone # would b GREATLY appreciated

Hey Skipper, try 616-699-5646. The name there is Roth, I called several years ago and talked to the fellows wife, he is a general contractor by trade and can be hard to find at home sometimes. Like most of us who ice-fish down here in the lower climes he couldn't find exactly what he needed in a shelter so he designed one himself, built a prototype, and found a small local factory that could build them for him as an addition to their own products. Don't know if they are still building these, with the last few really bad ice years down here I'm sure sales couldn't have been too good. Best of luck to you, by the way these unit originally sold for close to $400.00.