• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pilsbury State Forest

Just curious if anyone has spent any time bowhunting in Pilsbury? I have driven through there many times and now that my parents will be living close by, I will start doing some scouting.

I am an experienced bowhunter - just not to the Pilsbury State Forest. Any general information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mysterio

Sorry so abrupt with the last post.

Yes, there are LOTS of small game hunters there. At least until they reduce the woods to a ghostly silence. Then, they'll be gone. Ever been to Nemaji? That's what's coming.

Sometimes, for the safety of bowhunters (yes, I bow hunt) I wish they'd ban the use of rifles for small game and only allow shotgun. (no, I'm not a gun-ban type of guy either) I had a .17 whizzzzz by my tree in Pillsbury a few years ago.

I'm done there.

I live right next to it and bow hunt it all year. If you are willing to go deep you will be fine. There is about 2000+ acres to play in you just need to do some home work. By the way I would stay clear during rifle season.

Thanks for the info realtower. When hunting public property, I pack light and take long walks so that shouldn't be a problem. I won't be hunting it at all during rifle season. Maybe after. How is the deer ratio there? Bucks to does?

Mysterio

You mention Nemaji,I lived outside Duquette and hunted nemaj often UNTILL THE 4 WHEELERS!!! Last time up there I was out of Gavert camp ground,I was Archery a buddie was grousin,Just after sunrise there they were right by me 4 wheelers,I thought I was out of the camp ground far enough!! Got back to camp ground and there must have been 20 4 weeler trailors double trailors quad trailors.That was my last time out hunting there!! been back and checkin it out.Wont go back again!! crazy.giffrown.gif