• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing North of Niagara Falls

Good Evening to all:

This is my first post on this Forum for New York.

My question is, our family is thinking of visiting the Niagara Falls area in August and have wanted to visit Canada at the same time. Is there any places to stay at on a inland lake that is fairly close to the Falls area (1 to 3hr drive) that would have overnight accomidations along with a chance to rent a boat to go fishing in Canada.

I would just as soon stay in the states, but my parents would like to see a little of Canada while up in this area.

Would like it to be somewhat "mello" or some what secluded.I thought this would be the best bet to ask here. Did some searching for resorts in this area and had no luck at all. frown.gif

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Farmer

I dont know the area north of there, maybe IceAddict, B3b, or Big John do, they are from out that way?

The lower Niagara in aug is usually hot for smallmouth. I havent fished it in a few years but it was amazing 3-4 years ago. If your interested in an afternoon of that I know a few great guides out there...

Lake Simcoe is the only place I know of that fits your description.

If your going to be driving into Toronto at rush hour though, you better hang on to your shorts !!

It's like the beltway around Washington DC !!

Here's one of the very best guides on all of Simcoe...

http://www.simcoefishingadventures.com/services.htm

Simcoe is a very nice lake, but it's not like a "Way up North" fishing trip.

I agree with B3B,Simcoe is probably your best bet in Canada,Within a few hours anyway.And as stated above; The traffic is brutal going through Toronto!!! shocked.gif

Just MAKE SURE if you do go there,depending on where you stay,TRUST NO ONE!!!Lock your vehicle doors, and don't leave anything of any value outside or in your boat..I know, I know..It's VERY sad!!But TRUE!!Like B3B said "its NOT a Way up north trip" so you get the same old big city dump as anywhere else..MAN I just got back from Black Lake and it was VERY refreshing in MANY ways,I could have left my wallet on my doorstep all week and not have had to worry!!!Not that I did grin.gif But I did leave about two thousand dollars in gear in my boat in full view all week long,just as ALL the other fishers did with no problems...AAAAHHHH It's nice to know it's still civilized out there somewhere..

Sorry...I just couldn't forget the couple of times I've been robbed and friends have been robbed around good ol' Simcoe Ontario...

Good luck and have fun..

Thanks guys for the responces on my question on fishing north of the falls area.

I think will stick to going north from home. Sounds like it might be more trouble with traffic and all than what it's worth.Avoiding Toronto sounds good to me.

Might just try to find a nice place in upstate New York while visiting. wink.gifYou know how it is, have to try a little fishing where ever you vacation to. Just wouldn't be a complete vacation unless the line get's wet!!

Farmer