• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any thoughts on Yew trees?

BoxMN

My Mom gave me a little Yew tree. Nice looking evergreen, research says it can grow big and old, so I planted it with plenty of room around it. I guess they grow slow. I also hear they can be toxic if eaten. Any worry about having it around dogs? My dogs don't go around eating trees wink.gif but just wondering. Anybody know how tall it might grow in 5 years? It is about 2 feet now.

Thanks for any info.

We have two in front of our house. They are 9 years old and stand about 4'. I trim them every spring. They don't show any signs of turning into tall plants in my lifetime.

Mine need protection on thier south side during the winter. The reflected sunlight turns the needles brown if I don't cover them with burlap a few days a week in late Feb. & early March.

THanks Pat! I guess I won't worry about them stunting any other plants in the area smile.gif It is pretty, and it seems like it will stay about what it is in height for a long time.