• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diverse trails in MN and WI?

mn650

With all the crackdowns on ATV riding in MN what are some of the real trails left in MN? I know I used to ride up by Big Fork on the Paper Mill forest roads but since my buddy moved to Alaska I haven't been back up there in a few years. After two years of only riding the wheeler in the winter I went to Spider Lake and found a true ATV trail system in MN. Not the gravel roads that most in this state believe ATV trail systems to be. I am so so glad to have found this location. I know there must be others like this around. Not nearly enough but I know they are out there.

Here is my list of what a true ATV trail system contains, I know some of these are frowned upon by the "" people:

gravel roads connecting trails

narrow trails designed for ATV's

hills climbs (variety)

mud (both styles, ones to get through easily but fun and those that are bottomless or hard to get through)

wooded and not wooded

obstacles to traverse (rocks, timber, etc...)

sand pits

mud pits

water holes

I do not mean to start turmoil here but am just wondering what others thoughts are on ATV trails. It just seems that alot of people are bowing to certain groups and forgetting what ATV's are designed for. Having "legal" areas with these types of riding goes a long ways to change the "illegal" habits a small portion of the ATVing community.

If you know of more areas as such above or have any additions to the list lets' here it.

Diverse ATV trail systems:

Spider Lake (MN)

?

Thistledew (MN)

Redtop (MN, although I have never been there)

Spider lake is great! We go there at least twice a month. there are alot more open trails than what the maps show.You can ride from leader to up by akely. Easy to put on 100+ miles in a weekend. Another good area to ride is the moose river trails in outing area smile.gif