• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Book or Video for E-collar training

bigswede

Just looking for anybody's suggestions on a training source for using e-collars. I have a brit/lab mix female that is 5 years old and has been thru obedience classes and has done pretty good thru that, but when she gets on birds/chippy's this time of year she will not listen. I bought one and now need to learn how to use it without going backwards with her. She is so soft hearted I don't want to hurt her, just want her to listen when running during the summer months.Thanks for any help.

Mike Lardy has a video/manual for e-collar conditioning that would be worthwhile checking out.

Tritronics also has a DVD for this but is probably not as detailed.

Whatever you do, make sure you have a good knowledge of what your going to do and how to use it before you turn it on. It is only used as a correction for commands the dog knows and has been conditioned on. You should start letting the dog wear it now and for a few weeks before starting to use it.