• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Jealousy?

2 DA GILLS

Looking for some opinions here. My dog has been having some odd behaivors lately. First the background information, we just recently had our 3rd boy and they are 5 yrs, 3 yrs and 3 months old. As can be imagined, I have not had much time to spend one on one time with the dog the past few months.

Over the past couple of weeks my dog has been chewing / eating the kids toys and generally getting into more trouble. I am guessing that he is "acting out" for attention. Do dogs actually do this? He gets plenty of time out of his kennel and interacting with the family, but has not received much one on one attention lately.

We did a little work in the yard last night and he seemed very pleased. What do you guys think? Is he just begging for my undivided attention at least for part of the day?

I would say yes, Dogs can get jealous when their attention time is shortened due to Kids, another dog, etc. I know with my last dog we made sure to include her in time with the kids. My daughter spends more and more time with our new Brit pup everyday. One good thing is it usually helps with the kids picking up their toys grin.gif.

Jealousy might be a bit strong of a word, I think in reality they are just longing for attention, not that they care why they aren't getting it, they just are missing it. Make time to give your pal a little tussle on the ears when you can and get the boys involved with the pet as soon and as much as possible. It will all be good again...