• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore Fishing on DL

This week I'm gonna try a little shore fishing on DL. Sounds like any windblown shore will work. Leeches on slip bobbers are the plan, maybe a jig head bounced off the bottom or a rappala. Any suggestions? I'll fill you in on how it goes next week.

You'll do just fine. Target Morning hours and Evening hours. Slip bob in the dead trees and bottom bouncing works but you'll snag alot. Hwy 19 is a good stretch to shore fish. If throwing shad raps and stick baits then make sure you have some wind blown shore line. Be prepare to do a lot of driving around to find a suitable spot. That can be key to catching fish. The Graham Islands is a good spot too.

I've had days on DL that I think shore fishing is as good or better than fishing on a boat. Good luck!

You will have pretty good luck fishing from shore. A Carolina Rig is another fav. for people off the road.

Two split shots and and a 16-42 inch snell and you will do just fine.

Let us know how you did.

Hit