• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Auger Competition

Grabs

Well with all this talk about the speed of augers and such, it was bound to happen.

In the Outdoor News there is an article about the 1st annual Ice Auger Competitions!

There are 3 classes, Hand, Power and Modified, and under each of these is an inch sub-class.

I bet we can expect the guys up there with the new Nils Masters competing for both the hand and power competitions and I bet they will blow everyone out of the water! This would be great publicity for these new augers. Should really have Nils try-outs and get the best guys to represent the product out there!

So who else saw this? And who is going to be competing?

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 10-25-2002).]

GRABS
Already had that competion with my hand auger and a power auger. Nils master
vs. strike master power auger, I won no competion involved, unless your drilling numerous holes in over 18 inches of ice. Three holes hands down. if more is needede let me know.

WallEYES, I believe you man,..but what I was saying is there is a full flegded competition scheduled for this winter,..its posted in the latest Outdoor News,..thinking you would probably enter with your Nils!

I hear ya fishnut. Lets get serious. Go fishing with me and you and your nils will be sitting in the trunk(opps. "Freudian Slip" meant truck) by noon, while I'm drilling my 50th hole gettin' on top of the fish.

hawgTime

HAWGTIME/ FISKYNUT
Make a legitimate bet like the fastet to drill 3 holes through 20 to 30 inches of ice and then put your money on the line.
If you're that confident that your Strikemaster Lazer Mag is so good, you shouldn't need a 50 hole competition to prove your point against a hand auger.
Now, if you want to go heads up with your Lazer mag against my Nils Master Power auger for 50 holes, I'll personally drive to Minnesota for that payday !
Lets make it a complete competition with the fastest to cut 50 holes, who uses the least amount of gas, the quietest auger, the easiest starting in extreme cold conditions, the best warranty, the lightest and ...not to be outdone, the best looking. If we go that route, The Nils Master would win without even starting the engine !

[This message has been edited by TONY ON ICE (edited 10-25-2002).]

Tony on ice
Read the post, wallEYES said "hand auger". As great as they are I doubt they cut ice quicker than a power auger with a good set of blades. FYI- I don't own a Strikemaster, I did however buy a Nils 6" hand auger on HSOList 2 winters ago and like it very much, but when the ice gets thick the old magnum comes out. I am quite interested in the Nils' power auger, do you know if they can be had in a 9 or 10 inch size? About how much would they retail at?

Regards....Fisky

FISKYNUT
Just busting chops about the auger deal but sharp blades or not, I can still beat any "Non" Nils Master power auger with my Nils master hand auger for at least a couple holes or until I pass out.
Unfortunately, the Europeans don't fish with big holes (it's the law) so the 8 inch power auger is the largest available right now.
There's is however, some requests for 10 inch augers and I'm relaying those requests to Nils Master for future reference.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-26-2002).]

Tony
HMMMM, did'nt realize you're a distributor or whatever. I live by Lake of the woods and fish there pretty much exclusively in the winter. I have 8 and 10 inch bits for the power auger I have now. About the only time I use the 10 inch is Pike fishing late in the season. Early ice Pike fishing I use my hand auger and make the hole bigger with a spud bar. Walleye and Perch fishing thru the winter all I use is the 8 inch bit, so an 8 inch Nils would be fine, I'll just keep my old auger around for the late ice Pike bite. Are the bits on their power auger like the hand ones with the wingnut, and will they interchange from hand to power? would be nice to take the handle off my 6 inch and be able to use it on the 8 inch that comes with the power model early in the year.

Thanks....Fisky

Tony,

Why not e-mail fiskynut? You will find his e-mail address on the top of the forum that he moderates, in this case LOW. All moderator e-mail addresses are located on the top of home forum page that they moderate.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

TOI
Due to the darned flood this summer we had to leave our house for the winter and move into a fema mobilehome. Have'nt worked out all these changes with IP stuff yet. My wife has a Yahoo e-mail working at this time though. That address is bigmarilynfan at yahoo.com I will figure out whats wrong with my regular e-mail soon, or update my info on the site.