• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diamond dog food

killerloop1

I've been feeding Diamond exclusively for many years. You forgot to mention what breed of puppy you have. I feed my Pointers Diamond Perfomance year round(purple bag), it is 30% protein/20% fat and that might be a little high for most retriever breeds. We switched from Purina Pro Plan because the dogs didn't seem to hold weight even in the off season. We saw big improvements by the second bag and have been using it ever since.

CW

Diamond is a decent food. However don't get like the Maintence type foods. Lower quaility. They do offer some great foods like mentioned in an earlier reply. There are some other foods that are great too. I wouldn't stop at Diamond.

Where do you guys buy Diamond at? I live in Alexandria and we have Fleet Farm, Menards, and Walmart. Is it normally carried buy Co-op's? Right now, I'm feeding my lab a half/half mixture of Sprout and Iams and she seems to be doing great.

I used to feed the performance and was happy with it until this fall. I'm not sure if my dogs have changed or the feed changed but most of my mutts were having loose stools after a training run so I switched brands. I didn't have this problem before. All in all, I think it's a decent feed but there is better available.