• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can you guys recommend one, and how I can get my hands on one when I come into town on Wednesday night or Thursday morning?

Used to be, Ed's had zeroxed copies of the basic shape of the lake, but I would like to get my hands on something with more information (bays, roads, sunken roads, accesses, etc.) if possible.

Also wondering about the lake levels. Haven't been out there in a few years, so wondering what to expect (have heard the lake has stabilized, or even has gone down a bit...any truth to that)?

Thanks for any info....

Tim,

You can get a pretty good map of Devils Lake off of the ND Game and Fish HSOforum. It is in color and shows the entire lake. Best of all, it's free and you can print multiple copies. If you'd rather buy one, I'd recommend stopping at Eds Bait Shop and buying the paper Lakemaster Map.

The lake is on it's way down. Last year it had dropped about 1ft and from what I'm being told this spring, it's down another foot.

Have fun on your trip. This time of year, you might need to ice your arm at the end of each day from casting and catching.

I'm on my way! Looking forward to a few days of grueling fishing/casting/catching.....I could use the workout to get in shape for the muskies!

Looks like I'm going to run into some wind and rain....typical and guess I wouldn't expect anything else from Nordakota.

Thanks for the info Corey,

Lakemaster makes an excellent map for the lake. But with that said the best value maps for anywhere in ND come straight from the Game and Fish HSOforum. They have been spending lots of time on the water the past few years and have most of the smaller lakes and resevoirs re-mapped in the state. They actually get on the water and map them themselves. Much of this data has been used by Navionics on their map chips from what I understand. Print them out on a 11X17 and you have a nice map that allows you to pull coordinates off pretty easily.

Fishing Hot Spots data is also used by the electronic companies ie Lowrance, Navionics, Magellan, C-map.

Fishing Hot Spots Devils Lake Map features

Lake Profile

Fishery Information

Tips and Techniques

Over 80 Fishing Points of Interest with GPS

55 Marked Fishing Locations

12 Access Locations

15 Referential GPS Waypoints