• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canoe Seat

I just got a really good deal on an old fiberglass canoe. The only problem is that the seat on the stern is broken. I have been browsing online trying to find a new one that I could buy, but I haven't been able to find anything. Anybody have any suggestions?

If the old one is moulded fiberglass, you could repair it with some fiberglass cloth and polyester resin. Otherwise, I know I have seen wood and cane seats on hsolist. These are usually hung from the gunnels with long brass or stainless bolts.

Check a catalogue for Piragis or Red Rock Store. REI has them as would Midwest Mountaineering and probably Hoigaards.

I know REI and Piragis sell the basic wood and webbing seat in like 40" wide so you can trim to size and it comes with mounting hardware.