• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Gun Dog Breed????????????

2thepointsetters

About 9 weeks ago my english setter and beagle got together when we weren't watching....

Well now I have very interesting mixed breed pups. Both the setter and the beagle are great pheasant dogs. So I am wondering if I will now have pointing beagles? confused.gif

Here is a pic of one the pups and one of my setter. I dont have a pic of the beagle on here yet.

DSC00357.jpg

buddy3.jpg

Classic! grin.gif

I can picture it now, a solid tail up point on a snowshoe hare while baying!!! grin.gif

My buddy used to hunt pheasant behind a Basset Hound. He was slow, but the birds never stood a chance.

Are you going to keep a pup to see how they turn out?

Good Luck!

Ken

beagle + setter======== better

or

setter + beagle========= seagle

thats the two names people have called them when they saw them

I really think I might be on to something. I cant wait til they are old enough to try pointing at a wing on the string.

Here is a pic from today of the beagle/setter at 6 months, this is the first time I have seen the pup since he left the litter in June. (he is the one from the first pic on this topic curled up in my lap)He points awesome and backs his father like a seasoned vet. I am really impressed with the young pup.

007.jpg