• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Purple finch pair (pics included)

Steve Foss

Right on schedule it started raining this morning. I snuck into the blind for about half an hour of slightly better light between rain showers, because the migration has burst wide open and we're suddenly getting tons of birds.

These purple finches were especially cooperative, though I'm processing these images on an LCD laptop rather than my usual CRT screen, so I'm not sure exactly how they're going to look.

Canon DRebel XT, Canon 100-400L IS at 350mm, iso800, 1/160 at f6.3, center-weighted metering, from six feet, full frame

full-frame-female.jpg

full-frame-male.jpg

You know, Nate, with wireless internet and a laptop that would be definitely possible, eh?

No, I was on my wife's laptop because my own computer died and I spent most of the weekend trying CPR on it. After a full day and a half with no pulse, I gave up, and then spent the rest of the weekend trying to raise money to replace it. It never rains but it pours, eh? crazy.gif