• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Trolling Motor.. which one??

The CP says I can get a new trolling motor. I had a Minn Kota 812 Auto Pilot 42 lb thrust bow muont on a 1980 Lund Pro Angler. It did the job but I would like to go to a 55lb or 60lb.

It will get light use and will not need to cut through a ton of weeds.

Any suggestions on who has the best price on the Minn Kota's?

Mike

Cabelas sometimes has reconditioned or discontinued ones in the bargain cave or online. They have the same warranty as new ones for a better price. I had one on my last boat and never had a lick of trouble with it. I would go with a 24 volt this time you'll never regret it. It's the best thing about the new boat I got if you ask me. Co-Pilots pretty awesome too.

I believe that MinnKota price protects their motors so unless there is a promotion going on all of the competitive places will have the same prices on new units. So it pretty much comes down to buy it where you want to.