• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ackley Area

I am from MN, but will be doing an internship in Ackley this summer. I was just wondering what kind of fishing there is around Ackley? I have read a little about Beeds lake and that state park neer Eldora. Do either of these offer any shore fishing other than bullheads? Also, is it possible for students to get in state liscenses? I know in MN out of state students can get resident fishing liscenses.

Thanks!

check the iowa dnr web site about the license. you have options in that area. beeds is west of hampton, with some shore fishing . pine lake( south of ackley) too.there are some ponds over by geneva , but not certain if they are private or public. there is a state or county pond on the south side of hampton with shore fishing. you also have some rivers there too. when you get in the area , post again , and i will help you get in touch with my uncle . he can help. del