• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Florida Gators: It was a good run

Scott M

I was impressed by Florida. They really played at a high level. The defense, the 3 point shooting, never backing down from Oden even though he blocked about everything that came at him, the quick hands on loose balls. They were the real deal.

I admire those kids for coming back for another year and trying to play the game the right way. Nothing against Ohio State, they also had a great year and played a pretty sound team game.

Hat's off to Florida. I don't expect to see those kids for a 3 peat. Then they will need a huge rebuilding year and big contributions from unknowns or freshman. I don't expect any of those Gators to make great NBA players. Maybe Brewer as a combo guard defender, like a Doug Christie. Noah and Horford are a little small and need some outside 15 ft range, but they are good passers. They might be better fits on playoff teams (non-lottery teams), like Phoenix or somebody that shares the ball.

I agree with you on both seaons for FL and OSU, however, Brewer is a stud. 6'9" and will play guard in the pros. He reminds me of Pippen. He will have a very successful NBA career. Horford is the next ben wallace, only with scoring potetnial. Noah, may only last a few years. Humphrey could be the next hoiberg. Brewer and Horford will instantly help all teams.

Hmmm, I forgot about Humphrey. That team has usually been touted as having 4 NBA players, and Humphrey is that last one. He can really stroke the 3's. There is always room for somebody to shoot a deadeye 3 in the NBA, especially a guy with his range. He'll probably be a 2nd round pick as deep as this draft is supposed to be, but who knows. Can't create his own shot or defend, but he can shoot.

You may be right about Brewer. Somebody always blows up in the NBA.