• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MLB??? - Steve

Does anyone know if it is okay for me to post up photos of professional sporting events? I got some amazing shots at the Twins game last night and would like to post them, but I am not sure if there are any copyrights or ownership due to it being a professional team. If I get an answer that I like (it is okay) I will post em up.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, you sould be fine posting images to share.

Whether or not the Twins organization allows fans to bring DSLR equipment into the park (some college and pro teams don't), once you've taken the images, you own the copyright.

However, if you try to sell them or profit from them in some way monetarily, the Twins and/or MLB may have legal rights regarding licensing or sale of those images. I'm not sure if they do or not, but they may.

Also, it's very unlikely the organization would even become aware of your posting the images here, and, if they did, I'd guess they're more than happy when a fan shares pictures of the Twins with others. Can't do anything but help keep up interest in the team.

I'd say post away, and you can phone or e-mail the Twins organzation to ask what, if any, rights they or MLB have regarding the images.

Update: I just spoke with a media relations guy with the Twins, and he said you can use them however you like.