• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catching chubs?

There are a few small cricks in the area that are supposed to be loaded with creek chubs. The old timers said you just put a small piece of worm on a hook and catch em nonstop. I just couldnt imagine them doing that in crystal clear water that is less than two feet deep. What time of year do you start catching them, any tips?

All year around its just like trout fishin!Some of the trout streams I fish are loaded with them.The only problem is if you want them for live bait there super hard to keep alive! Fish cut out banks,any brush piles,stickups,any cover and you'll probably never see them till you hook one they hide really well!

A good pair of polarized glasses, a telescoping canepole, some aberdeen hooks and a split shot or two and camo clothes. In a word use stealth because they spook easily at this time of year but you can sight fish them once you find them, lots of fun!

Tunrevir~

Any small ice fly will also work, dead drift in the creek around steep banks, watch for it to disappear. Water needs to be cold to keep them alive, just like the water they came out of. Also don't bang them around in the container, I keep a cooler and then throw in frozen pop bottles to keep them cool.